General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
and the Data Protection Bill
(to repeal and replace the Data Protection Act, 1998)
Privacy Notice – Commercial Activities
Coactive ICT Limited
The Old Parlour, Granary Business Centre, Hollins Farm,
Twemlow Lane, Cranage, CW4 8DP
Person with responsibility for data protection compliance
within the Company
John Kilkenny, Director
who can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What information does Coactive ICT collect?
- Coactiveict (CICT, the Company) collects and processes personal data and information as an integral part of its wide-ranging commercial and business development activities. This Notice tells you how CICT manages any personal information it holds about you.
- CICT is committed to meeting its data protection obligations. If you decide to give us personal information as part of establishing or maintaining a commercial and/or business relationship, this information will be held and processed by CICT in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- CICT collects and processes a range of information about you. Together with your areas of business activity and interest, the personal information collected will include your name, your Company and/or employer’s name, your job title, your business address, and your business contact email address, telephone numbers, and social media contact details.
- CICT collects this information in a variety of ways. You may have chosen to give us the personal information because you wanted CICT to process a business request for you.
- Personal information about you will be stored in a number of different places. These include the Company’s commercial contact database, the Company’s marketing and sales database, the Company’s CRM system and associated in-Company systems and applications, and the Company’s email system and the mobile telephones provided to and used by Company employees.
Why does Coactiveict process personal information?
- CICT offers a range of specialised business products and commercial services which, if you choose to use them, will require information from you in order for the Company to fulfil your requirements. The Company collects, controls, and processes personal information for a number of purposes, including –
- CICT recognises and respects that personal information will only be used for the purposes for which it was supplied. The Company also recognises that you may not wish to be contacted again after the original reason for establishing contact has been fulfilled.
Who has access to the information?
- Your personal information will be shared internally with Company employed colleagues where access to the data is necessary for the performance of their job roles and the delivery of products and services to you.
- CICT may disclose your personal information to others in connection with any legal or prospective legal proceedings, and/or in order to establish, exercise or defend the Company’s legal rights and/or obligations.
- CICT will not, without your express prior consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- CICT will not normally transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
How does CICT protect data?
- CICT takes very seriously the security of the personal data and information it controls and processes for commercial and business-related purposes.
- CICT does not buy or sell personal information.
- Where the Company engages third party associates or service providers to process personal information on its behalf, such parties operate in accordance with the appropriate CICT control policies and arrangements. Additionally, the contract for service with such associates includes express duties of confidentiality and non-disclosure, together with an obligation to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of personal data and information.
For how long does CICT keep personal information?
- CICT will hold your personal information for the duration of your commercial and business-related contact with the Company.
- CICT will hold your personal information after the end of your commercial and business-related contact with the Company for 6 years, in accordance with the UK Limitation Act. In the case of financial information, the retention period will be 6 years from the end of the financial year in which the transaction was made.
Your individual rights and responsibilities
- As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can –
- If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact John Kilkenny, Director, via email at email@example.com John is the person with responsibility for data protection compliance within CICT.
- The Company recognises that the personal information in holds about you is likely to change over time. For example, you may change your employer, or your job role and contact details may change.
- If you believe that CICT has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.